Doctors call us in distress all the time asking how to build a successful practice. They all believe if they just had more new patients all would be fine. And although attracting high quality new patients is essential it is rarely the entire answer. The question we ask is how can you get your patients to HAPPILY stay, pay and refer for a lifetime? And the answer is? They need to GET IT! We start with the three pillars and five systems. The three pillars are:
- You must have a congruent belief systems and goals. In essence the first pillar is all about what is right between your ears.
- You must have congruent strategies to get you from point A to point B.
- You must have continuous right action!
So many doctors never really get clear about who they are and what they really want. They then are like a little puppy chasing their tail. They try this new thing or that new marketing scheme to bring in the all mighty new patients. They never take the time to REALLY clarify this is where I am, this is where I want to get to and this is a congruent strategy that will get me there. And then of course very few doctors stay the course with continuous right action!
The 5 Chiropractic Pillars For a Successful Practice
- Headspace and Personal Growth– Get clear about who you are and what you offer. Most people never really do this to the level they need to!
- Operating system and Dream Team– Run your business like a business and hire and train a dream team to support you!
- Communications– We hear, “Tell the story, tell the story, tell the story” all the time. The truth is we need to ASK the story. No one cares about chiropractic and our agenda. They care about themselves and their needs. So we need to ASK appropriate questions to find out what they REALLY want in relation to what we can REALLY do for them and then simply show them how to have it.
- New Patients– We want to attract the right numbers of QUALITY new patients and if our PVA or retention is high enough we don’t have to attract tons of new patients that just go through our revolving door!
- Flow and Growth– We need to make sure we continuously add more capacity with brilliant systems so we can handle our growth.
Here is a quick five minute video with myself and Dr. Brad Glowaki as we give you a step by step tutorial on how to increase your referrals with your current patients. This video shows how easy internal marketing can and should be.
If they truly knew the value of a healthy functioning nervous system and reasonable lifestyle most people would want what you have to offer and gladly pay for it! As a profession we have work to do!
Please feel free to check out our one hour webinar where we dive deep into the 3 pillars and 5 systems and we will send you a ton of follow up material! Just go to www.TheOHCSystem.com and sign up for the webinar in the upper right corner. Feel free to email me personally at drrosen@TheOHCSystem.com if you have any questions.