We have all been there. You are just starting out in practice or opening a new practice and times are tough. Money is tight and you are doing everything you can to keep your doors open and feed your family.
We reached out to the Circle of Docs community and asked you all: What were some of the things that you now laugh about that you had to do when you first started in your practice?
Here is a list of the Top 10 things you may have encountered as a starving chiropractor
- Your office space doubles as your living room and dining room.
- You ate Top Ramen last night (because you cant afford anything else) yet told your patients to go to the store and buy nothing but organic foods.
- Your idea of “staff” is your girlfriend; your pet fish and the neighbor next door who routinely answers your phone for you while you are away.
- The check you write to your landlord is larger than what you are taking home.
- Your professional ensemble of clothes comes from either Ross or TJ Max
- Your cell phone doubles as your work phone.
- To help save money you use both sides of the face paper. ( Why not right?)
- Your clinical notes are done on a 3-ring binder
- You have worn the same pair of work shoes for three years straight.
- You mistakenly ask a patient, “Would you like fries with that?”
Now its your turn. When you were first starting out, what were some of the keystones that you had to battle through? Give some advice to our students and new doctors about what you had to go through to get to where you are right now.